[xdebug-general] testing a remote install

From: Mike D'Ambrogia <miked[@]jamagination.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:05:45 -0700

I'm having problems with getting notepad++ to connect to xdebug and need
to figure out if the problem lies in nb++ or my remote xdebug
setup/config.

I've got an Xdebug remote install on a FreeBSD server and wanting to
reach it from a windows client PC over the network. Xdebug appears to
be installed and running on the BSD box - I have the notice in the logo
box in a phpinfo() dump along with the correct values per my php.ini
settings shown further down the same phpinfo() page.

how do I point my windows version of debugclient-0.9.0.exe towards the
remote FreeBSD box to test the remote setup? do I use my local php.ini
to store the settings of the remote box?

fyi - on the remote doc website page the link behind "To use the bundled
client simply start it after
<http://xdebug.org/docs/install.php#debugclient> compiling and
installing it" results in a 404

thanks