[xdebug-general] Re: multiple remote clients

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 09:08:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007, Scott Iverson wrote:

> Would you consider adding a list of allowed IP addresses and/or a mask
> of IP addresses?
>
> If the http request came from one of the allowed IP addresses XDebug
> could try first to connect to that IP address; requests from other IP
> addresses would not trigger a debug session (.ini setting?). This would
> address the security problems while allowing multiple developers to work
> on the same web server.

There is already a solution for this, and that is by using a debug
proxy. The nice folks at ActiveState have this documented, and I will be
adding this to the Xdebug documentation soon as well. See:

http://blogs.activestate.com/jeffg/2006/08/howto_set_up_ko.html
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/docs/Komodo/4.1/komodo-doc-debugger.html#dbgp_proxy

If you don't have the debug proxy bundle, you can download it from:
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Downloads/Komodo/RemoteDebugging
(Pick the "Python Remote Debugging" bundle).