[xdebug-general] Assistance with profiling

From: Josh Samuels <josh[@]nutrigames.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 23:50:23 -0700

Hello,
We have Xdebug installed on our server and it appears to be working. I get
much nicer error messages now so I turned on profiling. The odd thing,
profiling doesn't put data in the output files as expected. We do get
output files but only for a cron job we have running every 6 hours (it's a
php script). But the actual web site never generates an output file. Here
is the xdebug portion of my php.ini file:

zend_extension=/usr/local/etc/xdebug.so

;Profiling
xdebug.profiler_enable=1
xdebug.profiler_append=1
xdebug.profiler_output_dir=/usr/home/flower0/tmp

Also note, we have append=1 and yet it doesn't append, it creates a new file
every time.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Josh