[xdebug-general] Truncated dump

From: Mariusz Nowak <xdebug.list[@]medikoo.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 19:53:26 +0100

Since one of last versions xdebug truncates dump of variables content
e.g. if string has more than x characters than var_dump() output shows
only x characters and trailing dots.
Sometimes when I debug with var_dump it prevents me from seeing what I
wanted to see and I need to go back to 'echo htmlspecialchars($var);' to
make sure I see all variable's content.
Feature is ok but when I don't have control over it it becomes annoying.
Is there any way to set that maximum character length for output?
I was looking into xdebug options and I didn't notice any that would
address this issue.
Thanks.

Mariusz