[xdebug-general] Re: is there a working IDE for xdebug or dbgp?

From: Mauro C. <incastrix[@]yahoo.it>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 03:25:04 +0200 (CEST)

IchBin <weconsul[@]ptd.net> ha scritto: Prometheus Prometheus wrote:
> hiho[@]ll
>
> i just tried eclipse with dbg but i can't get it work
> so i want to try xdebug but i can't even find a IDE
> well there is komodo? but anybody knows a free or open source IDE?
>
> what do the xdebug developers use for testing xdebug?
>
> thx[@]ll

As far as I know Xdebug works with PHPEdit. They are started to update
their docs. I just asked that question since they have DBG working with it.

You can look at thread:
http://www.waterproof.fr/support/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1900

Debugging (Sessions, Server, Debugger (with xdebug) and Debugger (with
DBG)):
http://doc.waterproof.fr/phpedit/debugging_profiling/configuration

Download here:
http://www.waterproof.fr/products/PHPEdit

PHPEdit is not an open source product but you can ask for a personal
non-commercial license.

I just bumped into a open source php ide yesterday that has a Xdebug
interface. You need to brush up on your German. I did not see any Docs
in English.
I just have not had time to play with it yet.

http://www.weaverslave.ws/weaverslave.31.html

One more I just found but have not played with yet.. Has to use either
DBG or xdebug. It's Open source called "Gubed PHP Debugger":
http://gubed.mccabe.nu/?module=base&page=index&themex=public

I am not use to non-professional, incomplete or non-fully functional
IDE's that I am finding, using PHP. I am a Java programmer new to PHP
but you can checkout my php debugger links on my page under debugging
page at:

http://weconsultants.phpnet.us/pmwiki.php/Site/PHP

To me this seems to be a big black hold in PHP IDE's. Hard to call them
IDE's with out a fully functional interactive server debugger .

--
Hope this Helps...                             http://ichbin.9999mb.com
IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA           http://weconsultants.phpnet.us

 PHPEdit, Komodo and Maguma... Buy it!

 DBG is update delayed respect PHP!

 Not use: non-professional, incomplete or non-fully functional IDE.

 Just your choise!

 debug is a main feature: TRUE.

 start thinking to help xdebug and phpeclipse projects.

 cvs version of phpeclipse provide: step into, step over, step return and variable watch.

 Mauro Casciari