[xdebug-general] Re: Grrr

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 13:05:09 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 3 Oct 2006, Marcus Bointon wrote:

> On 3 Oct 2006, at 12:59, Derick Rethans wrote:
>
> > However, you use zend_extension (without _debug) to load this extension
> > and that will not work. You should use zend_extension_debug here.
> > The message that you see does not come from zend extension loading, but
> > from the normal loading. Do you have another line in your php.ini
> > perhaps?
>
> No, no other php.ini lines relating to loading the extension, just some
> xdebug.* config.
>
> If I use zend_extension, I get the error message. If I use
> zend_extension_debug, I don't, but I get no xdebug either (or at least it's
> not listed in php -i, -m or phpinfo.

I've been using both combinations, and it always worked for me. It
realls sounds like you have two sets of headers on your system and the
wrong ones are used. Please try to remove the installed headers and try
again.

> > And is your PHP really compiled in debug mode? (Provide phpinfo() or
> > "php -i" output).
>
> From php -i:
>
> Debug Build => yes
>
> This is on intel OS X BTW. On a completely different machine (G4 OS X) I get
> the same behaviour --disable-debug and zend_extension works, but
> --enable-debug and zend_extension_debug does nothing. Mixing the two gives
> this error.
>
> I know that PHP is strict about extension locations - my normal extensions are
> loaded with a regular extension=foo.so, and you can't seem to use an absolute
> path - the extension has to be in the extensions dir, but I've always needed
> to give a full path to the xdebug zend extension.

Yes, zend_extension* requires the fullpath, where normal extension do
not accept it.

> The default extension_dir is './' - I've never been clear on where . is by
> default - /usr/local/lib/php ?

no, ./ is the current working directory - however, this should not be
influencing this issue.

> Also, this was working ok before today.

It's still working for me :-) I am always running in debug mode.