[xdebug-general] Re: Grrr

From: Marcus Bointon <marcus[@]synchromedia.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 14:12:51 +0100

On 3 Oct 2006, at 12:59, Derick Rethans wrote:

> However, you use zend_extension (without _debug) to load this
> extension
> and that will not work. You should use zend_extension_debug here.
> The message that you see does not come from zend extension loading,
> but
> from the normal loading. Do you have another line in your php.ini
> perhaps?

No, no other php.ini lines relating to loading the extension, just
some xdebug.* config.

If I use zend_extension, I get the error message. If I use
zend_extension_debug, I don't, but I get no xdebug either (or at
least it's not listed in php -i, -m or phpinfo.

> And is your PHP really compiled in debug mode? (Provide phpinfo() or
> "php -i" output).

 From php -i:

Debug Build => yes

This is on intel OS X BTW. On a completely different machine (G4 OS
X) I get the same behaviour --disable-debug and zend_extension works,
but --enable-debug and zend_extension_debug does nothing. Mixing the
two gives this error.

I know that PHP is strict about extension locations - my normal
extensions are loaded with a regular extension=foo.so, and you can't
seem to use an absolute path - the extension has to be in the
extensions dir, but I've always needed to give a full path to the
xdebug zend extension.

The default extension_dir is './' - I've never been clear on where .
is by default - /usr/local/lib/php ?

Also, this was working ok before today.

Marcus

--