[xdebug-general] Re: Just subscribed and have questions :)

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 20:50:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, J Macaroni wrote:

> 1) I am interested in making a simple IDE for PHP under Windows. Can
> xdebug be called to simulate single stepping and set breakpoints as well as
> view current variable values? I read the documentation but could not see
> from the list of functions how it can be achieved and what the actual
> control of single stepping between xdebug/PHP and the controlling
> application. I wrote a small program and it seems functional as far as
> calling xdebug functions inside PHP.

It doesn't work "through functions" at all, but instead you can use a
tcp/ip socket for communication with Xdebug in PHP. Single stepping
and similar things are all supported. For tips on how it
can be used, see: http://xdebug.org/docs-debugger.php and for the
protocol description see: http://xdebug.org/docs-dbgp.php

> 2) Where can I search archives of this list?

http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.php.xdebug.general is probably the best
place.

> 3) Is there an additional forum or blog someplace thatI should review?

I have not very occasional postings on http://derickrethans.nl/ about
Xdebug.