[xdebug-general] Re: xdebug install error

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 13:12:17 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 info[@]protel-film.de wrote:

> I'm from germany and I tried to setup xdebug on my XAMPP 1.4.9 with
> "pear install xdebug" but I only had the message "The DSP xdebug.dsp
> not found!" returned.

AFAIK the PEAR install on windows does not really support compilation
yet, and I will definitely not keep updating the .DSP as that is for the
old buildsystem. So your option is using a precompiled .dll.

> Now, what to do? So I tried to go on with the pre compiled modules for
> windumb and had them in the "ext" dir of php and I inserted the line
> "extension=xdebug.dll" to my local php.ini. After starting the server
> and testing the ex with "extension_loaded('xdebug');" it returned: no!
> I searched the web for solution but couldn' find anything. Maybe you
> can help.

The Xdebug documentation describes this clearly, you need to use
zend_extension_ts on Windows:
http://xdebug.org/install.php

If it's loaded correctly, use phpinfo() to see whether Xdebug shows up
next to the Zend logo in the first block.