[xdebug-general] PHP 4.2.3 and XDebug

From: Dave Hendler <dh[@]sollaires.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 11:35:42 -0500

Hey all,

I'm in a pretty crappy spot right now. We need some real profiling
tools as soon as possible to really help us determine where some major
speed problems are with our application, but we haven't had anything.
I want to use XDebug to help us out, but we're, unfortunately, running
PHP 4.2.3. Upgrades to PHP will happen, but not in the foreseeable
future. Chalk that up to bureaucracy of our IT department.

Here's the issue: got XDebug 1.0.0rc1 since we're on 4.2.3, compiled,
installed, restarted Apache. Some pages seemed to work without a
problem. Others did not work. After reading some of the list
archives, my first thought was that the pages that didn't work were
using a customer error handler. Does 1.0.0rc1 have problems with
custom error handlers? I'll be able to test it out myself later on but
am unable to do so now.

Or am I missing something else? Is 1.0.0rc1 the version to use?

Thanks for any help,
- dave

--
dave hendler