[xdebug-general] Re: Question about the Tailored Installation Instructions

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 11:17:46 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 12 Sep 2015, Stacey Jenkins wrote:

> Thanks for this tool - i'm in process of installing this package and ran
> across the following question:
>
> My personalized instructions say that the output from phpize should be:
> Configuring for:
> Zend Module Api No: 20100525
> Zend Extension Api No: 220100525
>
> but my numbers don't match those. The instructions further say that 'if it
> does not (match), you are using the wrong phpize. Please follow this FAQ
> entry and skip the next step.
>
> I don't know if I should interpret that to mean the numbers should match or
> not.
>
> Further down in the instruction I'm directed to:
> Run: cp modules/xdebug.so
> /Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.4.10/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525
>
> But I see that the number at the end of the path have a different number
> than what my Zend Module api numbers are.
>
> My question is:
>
> - Do the phpize zend module numbers output when I run phpize locally need
> to match my personalized instructions provided by your tool?

They *should* be. I see you're on a mac, and I know Apple has their own
version of phpize somewhere. But you're also using MAMP, so you should
use the phpize that came with MAMP. That's likely going to be
//Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.4.10/phpize (or somewhere else in that
path) - please use that one.

The number at the end of the path for copying, needs to match with what
phpize outputs.

> - If not and you only mean that the output should match the *format* of the
> output, should i replace the number at the end of the command to run cp
> modules/xdebug.so?

Nope - not just the format. THe numbers need to match (or rather, the
Zend Module Api No needs to match the one in the filepath).

cheers,

twitter: @derickr and @xdebug