[xdebug-general] Breakpoints not acknowleged

From: Spencer Williams IV <enderandpeter[@]yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 13:50:37 -0800

Hey, everyone. So, I first used Xdebug in Eclipse a couple years back and I remember it being quite excellent. I'm trying to start it up on a new machine and I'm running into trouble. I'm very certain that Xdebug is running like it should in every other respect. I had to choose a port other than 9000 as it was already in use and then Eclipse confirmed it could communicate with it. It definitely pauses execution at the beginning of a file when you have that option selected, but it simply refuses to break at the breakpoints you set.

I'm looking at my Xdebug log and I may have found a clue of the issue. The log confirms that Xdebug is aware of the breakpoints, because I see lines like this:

<- breakpoint_set -i 636 -t line -f file:///https://example.com/misc/test.php -n 15
-> <response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="http://xdebug.org/dbgp/xdebug" command="breakpoint_set" transaction_id="636" id="180080004"></response>

<- breakpoint_set -i 637 -t line -f file:///https://example.com/misc/test.php -n 2
-> <response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="http://xdebug.org/dbgp/xdebug" command="breakpoint_set" transaction_id="637" id="180080005"></response>

<- breakpoint_set -i 638 -t line -f file:///https://example.com/misc/test.php -n 9
-> <response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="http://xdebug.org/dbgp/xdebug" command="breakpoint_set" transaction_id="638" id="180080006"></response>

I indeed set breakpoints on lines 15, 2, and 9 in the file it names. But I notice how the entire file path it shows you begins with the file:// protocol, followed by https://. Should it actually be dealing with a file path on the system rather than one on the server? Thanks for any and all help you can offer.

-Spencer

------
"What a lark! What a plunge!"
-Virginia Woolf, Mrs. Dalloway