[xdebug-general] Re: Eclipse or XDebug not showing progress

From: Thomas Widlar <twidlar[@]yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 12:57:41 -0400

Eclipse Bugzilla says

   Eclipse does not develop or maintain XDebug / XAMPP, you will have to open your
bug with whomever does (Zend perhaps?).

I replied

    The issue is not RESOLVED and is ECLIPSE. It is an Eclipse problem, maybe not a bug but a configuration problem. Xdebug is running and debugging, I can see the variable values changing. The PHP interpreter is obviously being accessed.

    Eclipse is not moving the green progress bar from line to line as it did before.

    The Xdebug people say
       I checked the XDebug log you sent and I can see it's fine.
       Asking in Eclipse forum can help as it is not XDebug issue as per log

    Of course Eclipse does not develop or maintain XDebug, XAMPP or PHP. However it is designed to operate and cooperate with those other programs and it has performed that way for years. So your position that Eclipse has nothing to do with those programs is patently false. It is Eclipse job to move the green bar from line to line, isn't it?

    XDebug is not a Zend product.

This is right, isn't it, that is is Eclipse's job to move the green
progress from line to line, not XDebug's?

Tom Widlar