[xdebug-general] Eclipse or XDebug not showing progress

From: Thomas Widlar <twidlar[@]yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 19:45:48 -0400

Upon further examination, Debug as CLI does come up with the green
progress bar over the first. When I hit F6 (Step Over) the green bar
doesn't move but I notice the execution taking place, the variable
values are being set. I can see I stepped into a function (!!!) for
some values are set. All I need is for Eclipse and/or Xdebug to tell me
what line I am on. Is there a setting I have missed?

====

I still have not solved my problem getting Xdebug to start. Since I
installed Eclipse/XAMPP/Xdebug over 3 years ago I upgraded to the
current version.
Windows 7
XAMPP 1.8.3
PHP 5.5.15.
[XDebug]
zend_extension = "D:\xampp\php\ext\php_xdebug-2.2.5-5.5-vc11.dll"
xdebug.profiler_enable = On
xdebug.remote_handler = "dbgp"
xdebug.remote_port = 9000
xdebug.remote_host = "localhost"
xdebug.remote_autostart=Off

Using http://wiki.eclipse.org/Debugging_using_XDebug, I was able to
create and debug the sample project with.

But when I try to Xdebug my program at
D:/xampp/htdocs/concurrent/devine/dict/loaddict.php in project
"concurrent" ("concurrent" is a symbolic link to
"econcurrent/public_html" which function fine before I get

1. When I Debug as Web application is executes the program until it gets
a PHP error.
2. When I Debug as CLI application, it stops at the first line. Upon
hitting F6 (Step over) the green bar flashes off and on quickly but does
not move onto the next step.

The Xdebug log is attached.

I can't figure out how to change my eclipse settings to fix this.

Tom Widlar

On 02/10/2014 06:31 asubuhi, Thomas Widlar wrote:
> Xdebug has been running fine on my Win7 laptop with
> Win7/XAMPP/Eclipse/PHP. There some techs worked on the system with
> lots of virus scans and diagnostics because Windows 7 would update.
> They fixed that.
>
> But when I went back into Eclipse to debug, the Debug as Script
> wouldn't come up.
>
> I know this may not be an Xdebug question per se, but nobody else
> seems to have a clue. Could that system cleaning destabilized Eclipse.
> Could you tell me what I can so to get Eclipse to talk to Xdebug properly.
first place to look at would be Eclipse logs.
Best regards,
Stefano

--
Stefano D. Mtangoo