[xdebug-general] xdebug does not create the log file

From: Rafnews <raf.news[@]gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 14:05:23 +0100

Hi,

i'm trying to setup correctly XDebug, eclipse on a virtual machine to
reproduce as much as possible a remote debugging process.
while everything works great if my webserver is my development machine,
i have huge issue to remotely debug web applications.

here is my situation:
1. in a virtual machine i installed fedora 19 with apache, php, xdebug,
ssl and MySQL to create a webserver stack as we can find everywhere on
the web.
2. my development machine is under windows 7 and runs the virtual
machine (my webserver)
both have a fixed ip.

when i run phpinfo() i can see that xdebug is correctly running as i see
all xdebug settings displayed on the screen.
in the php.d/xdebug.ini here are my settings:
zend_extension=/usr/lib64/php/modules/xdebug.so
xdebug.remote_enable=1
xdebug.remote_host=aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd
xdebug.remote_port=9000
xdebug.remote_handler="dbgp"
xdebug.var_display_max_depth=10
xdebug.var_display_max_data=10240
xdebug.auto_trace=1
xdebug.trace_output_dir=/tmp
;xdebug.remote_mode=req
;xdebug.remote_autostart = 0
xdebug.remote_log=/tmp/xdebug_remote.log

when i check if the log file is created, i see nothing in the tmp
folder.... why ?
where is the problem ?

i need to understand why eclipse doesn't work with xdebug remotely and
without the log file of xdebug i can't search where is the problem...

have you ever had such problem where the log file
(xdebug.remote_log=/tmp/xdebug_remote.log) is not created ?

thx.

A.