[xdebug-general] Getting started with xdebug and IDE integration and Chrome integration.

From: Richard Quadling <rquadling[@]gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 17:16:26 +0100

Hi.

I've been using XDebug for a while, purely to build traces and examine them
off line.

I want to now integrate my IDE with XDebug.

I'm running a CentOS VM with Apache and PHP 5.4 on a Mac running Netbeans
and Chrome.

I would like to use the Chrome extension to turn on/off the interactive
debugging process.

Is this possible?

Can this be done without having to constantly turn on/off xdebug?

I'm also developing using Smarty and that does seem to be a bit of a hog
when tracing with XDebug. Is it possible to turn off debugging for specific
classes/lines of code?

Regards,

Richard Quadling