[xdebug-general] Re: xdebug doesn't connect to debugger

From: <svanpoeck[@]free.fr>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 10:30:27 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Vijay,

On 03/07/13 10:19, Vijay Ramachandran wrote:
> On 07/03/2013 12:02 PM, svanpoeck[@]free.fr wrote:
>> Hi Vijay,
>>
>> The value of xdebug.idekey (root) doesn't match the cookie Netbeans sets to identify the debugger session (netbeans-xdebug). These must match, so you either have to change the value of the xdebug.idekey configuration setting, or the one set in Netbeans IDE.
>
> Hi Steve. Thanks for your reply.
>
> I used the firefox extension (easiest xdebug 1.1), and it set the value of xdebug.idekey as netbeans. I'm not using netbeans as the debug client, only emacs/geben and the commandline debugclient which comes bundled with xdebug. Also, from the docs for the xdebug settings, it's not clear what to set idekey to, or how it's used. I tried changing this to "session" or "debugclient", I still can't get the server to connect.

Even if you're not using Netbeans, the value of the XDebug config setting xdebug.idekey must still match the value set in the commandline the debugger client - in your case it was "netbeans-xdebug". Please set the value of xdebug.idekey to "netbeans-xdebug" in the .ini config file of XDebug and restart your webserver

>> Also, what's the output of your $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] variable? It should be the same as the value of xdebug.remote_host. "localhost" seems quite unlikely to me.
>
> The docs say that xdebug.remote_host should be the host on which the debug client is running, which in my case is the same as the machine on which the server is running. This is why I used "localhost". The ip address too didn't work.
> Setting remote_host to $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] doesn't work either.

You should set the value of xdebug.remote_host to the *value* of $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] You can easily find that value in a phpinfo() display.

Don't forget to restart the web server each time a modification was made on the XDebug configuration!

> thanks,
> Vijay

Welcome,
Steven