[xdebug-general] Re: log string assignments

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 20:03:09 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Enzo!

On Tue, 15 Jan 2013, Enzo Maddalena wrote:

> Is it possible to log the point in the program when a string is created.
>
> For example:
>
> echo 'my string';
>
> Is there any configuration that will let me know the 'my string' was echo'd?
>
> Also with variables:
>
> $var='var';
> echo "my $var"
>
> I am looking for something like:
>
> line 22, ''my var" created, echo'd

This is really difficult, as PHP doesn't keep that information when
creating a string. Technically I could intercept string creation, but I
would have no way to keep the file/line information together with the
string at that point. I'm afraid this is something I can't add.

cheers,

twitter: @derickr and @xdebug