[xdebug-general] Not able to get the xdebug working

From: Manmohan Sethi <manmohan[@]thinklinux.in>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 13:52:31 +0530

Hi,

I am a novice in the Open source world and was looking for a PHP debugger.
I got xdebug. I downloaded the xdebuf veriosn 2.1.3 and installed it on
Ubuntu 10.04, PHP version 5.2.3. . The Xdebug information is appearing in
phpinfo. php5 -m is also showing xdebug under the Zend module. I have made
the following entries in php.ini files at two different locations:

zend_extension = /usr/lib/php5/20090626+lfs/xdebug.so
xdebug.remote_enable = 1
xdebug.remote_handler = dbgp
xdebug.remote_mode = req
xdebug.remote_host = localhost
xdebug.remote_port = 9000
xdebug.remote_log = /home/abc/xdebug_logs/xdebug.log

I am using Netbeans 7.1 for PHP to dubug my PHP projects. I have already
done the port and other setting for the xdebug in Netbeans, still the
Netbeans is not able to connections to the xdebug.I also tried the command:

mac[@]mac-desktop:/$debugclient

But it is showing the following result:

mac[@]mac-desktop:/$ debugclient
Xdebug Simple DBGp client (0.10.0)
Copyright 2002-2007 by Derick Rethans.
- libedit support: enabled
bind: couldn't bind AF_INET socket?

I tried googling around and found that this is normal behavior. The
debugclient will retry every 5 seconds until the OS frees
it. This is normal behavior. However, I didn't find any solution about how
I can remove this error and make connection to the xdebug server via
Netbeans or even via debugclient command.
Any help would be highly appreciated.

--
Thanks
Manmohan