[xdebug-general] Re: building xdebug on win32

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 10:09:05 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011, akakima33 wrote:

> I am sorry to write to you directly...

It's ok, but please use the mailinglist so that other people can see
answers too!

> I am trying to build xdebug on Win32. I have all the tools recommended
> (vc9, win sdk, ...)
>
> I succesfully built php 5.3.8 (Windows 7, VC9+sp1, SDK 7.0)
>
> I cloned xdebug git repository.
>
> Now. I have a very hard time to build it !
> phpize does not work.
>
> Where can i get a more complete description of the build process ?
> Can somenone send me a working copy of his directory used
> to build xdebug on win32 ?
>
> If you help me, i promise i will send you a detailed procedure of
> what i have done. which may help some others like me.

All the information is here:

https://wiki.php.net/internals/windows/stepbystepbuild#build_your_own_php_on_windows

basically, you need to have /pecl/xdebug in the same dir where you have
/php-5.3 (so that cd ../pecl/xdebug shows in in pecl/xdebug if you are
in /php-5.3)

buildconf will pick up the pecl dir for xdebug, and configure
--enable-xdebug then should enable it. You will then get a
php_xdebug.dll.

twitter: @derickr and @xdebug