[xdebug-general] Re: Fix return value in "computer trace output"?

From: Graham Wideman <gwlist[@]grahamwideman.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 02:55:17 -0800

Mostly to correct a comment in my previous email:

I had thought that in a trace file with format=0, the distinction between built-in and user-defined function could be detected by whether the return line occurs immediately following the call.

This is often true but not always. It's completely possible for a call to a user-defined function to produce no trace records during the call, so that the next line in the trace file is the return from that user function, which is then indistinguishable from a built-in function.

Darn. I guess the "computer format" trace file output actually does offer something extra after all, but is minus the return value.

-- Graham