[xdebug-general] Re: Issue or feature: Call stack displays wrong path to PHP script

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 09:56:44 -0700 (PDT)

Top posting and using a "-- " before the original mail? Ugh :-þ
Please read: http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html
Rest of the content/answers inline (as it should be!):

On Sun, 16 Oct 2011, Taavi Burns wrote:

> On 2011-10-16, at 10:02 AM, Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 16 Oct 2011, Maik Greubel wrote:
> >
> >> before opening an issue on mantis, I decided to ask whether this is
> >> a well-known issue (and I have found nothing about it) or do I need
> >> to create a ticket?
> >>
> >> On my testing platform (Windows 7 with PHP 5.3.8 and XDebug 2.1.2)
> >> I saw this when doing a common test with undefined variables in
> >> source and got the following result in browser:
> >>
> >> =================== >8 =====================
> >> ( ! ) Notice: Undefined index: test in D:\web\htdocs\tests\foo.php on line 2
> >> Call Stack
> >> # Time Memory Function Location
> >> 1 0.0010 328656 {main}( ) ..\foo.php:0
> >> =================== 8< =====================
> >>
> >> I requested the URL http://localhost/tests/foo.php and don't
> >> understand why xdebug tells me, that the script is found in
> >> ..\foo.php (Location column), which would be physically one folder
> >> up from 'tests'. I guess this is wrong.
> >
> > Nope, just hover over it to get the full path. This is done to not
> > make the table "explode" in your browser. Do you think it makes
> > sense to use three dots instead, or another symbol? As it does look
> > confusing indeed.

> It probably makes sense to use &hellip; (or a literal … in UTF-8). The
> spacing is a bit different from three periods (...) and should be a
> clear indicator that the path's been elided.

Cant do the … though, because we don't know in which charset the user is
using. What about a combination of … and the "max 30 chars" that Maik
suggested? Would that make sense?

twitter: @derickr and @xdebug