[xdebug-general] Re: Debugging Problem

From: Steven Scott <chowarmaan[@]gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 11:34:48 -0500

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Dan Louth <dlouth[@]msn.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>

> I just installed xdebug in my netbeans IDE and it is working great but I am
> having one problem. I have searched high and low for a solution but thus
> far I have found nothing.
>

> Here is my issue: Most but not all of the PHP files in my project will
> debug. I can set breakpoints and step into almost all of the PHP source but
> there are certain files that the debugger seems to refuse to go into. I
> have a felling it has something to do with the files not being part of my
> project but I have no idea how or why this could happen or how to resolve
> the issue (or why it is even that way). If you notice, some of my files are
> blue or green... maybe this is the problem?
>

> [image: cid:image001.png[@]01CBDE57.E5E78EF0]
>

> I am at a loss :( I would REALLY appreciate your help. Thanks!!!
>

> *Dan Louth*
>
> dlouth[@]msn.com
>
> (650) 269-0257
>
> www.danlouth.com

We had .class files in our PHP world as part of a coding standard, and these
would not load or debug in NetBeans as they were marked as being against
Java. Once I set the .class extension to be PHP files, this cleared it up
and allowed the debugging and viewing in NetBeans.

Steven Scott
iNVATRON Systems Corp.,

image001.png