[xdebug-general] xdebug working but just barely. Need some help out I think.

From: Eric Sepich <sepich.eric[@]gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 17:24:06 -0800

Fedora(Laghlin). Used wizard and pasted my phpinfo(); the downloaded and
installed per instructions. Added this to php.ini:

zend_extension=/usr/lib/php/modules/xdebug.so
xdebug.remote_enable=on
xdebug.remote_handler=dbgp
xdebug.remote_mode=req
xdebug.remote_host=127.0.0.1
xdebug.remote_port=9003
xdebug.idekey="netbeans-xdebug"

Netbeans will only work if my "Run configuration" is "Script mode". If I am
in "Script Mode(Command Line)" then everything is fine:

This however does not work:

<?php
$address = '127.0.0.1';
$port = 9000;
$sock = socket_create(AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, 0);
socket_bind($sock, $address, $port) or die('Unable to bind');
socket_listen($sock);
$client = socket_accept($sock);
echo "connection established: $client";
socket_close($client);
socket_close($sock);
?>

I have tried runnning the script from the command line like this: php
xdebug.php. The last time I tried I get no output at all. Further when I run
this script in my FireFox it consistently state "unable to bind" at line 4.

*For some reason I can only debug in "Script Mode(Command Line)" as soon as
I set NetBeans to open a browser window everything falls to pieces. I was
wondering if anyone might know what the heck is going on?

Thanks,
Eric