[xdebug-general] Xdebug with NetBeans setup.

From: Eric Sepich <sepich.eric[@]gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 23:23:01 -0800

I have installed xdebug.so. My call to phpinfo(); confirms xdebug is
installed. I installed NetBeans on KDE desktop for Linux. I entered the
following lines in my php.ini:

zend_extension = /usr/lib/php/modules/xdebug.so
xdebug.remote_enable=1
xdebug.remote_mode="req"
xdebug.remote_host=127.0.0.1
xdebug.remote_port=9000
xdebug.idekey="netbeans-xdebug"

Yet remarkably so I think when I start a debug session from NetBeans it
opens the page in FireFox in my KDE desktop and waits and waits and
waits.... All this is local stuff. My Apache is installed locally. NetBeans
is working with local files. I never leave Fedora. When I run "debugclient"
from the terminal and leave it running and then open NetBeans and try to
start a debug session, NetBeans states that port 9000 is occupied (by
debugclient I assume) which actually makes sense. What doesn't seem to make
sense is why doesn't my debug session ever start?

Thanks,
Eric