[xdebug-general] Re: Cannot hit breakpoints

From: Rob Sargent <robjsargent[@]gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 22:22:16 -0600

Aah, maybe not.

If I don't debug my "auth.php" file which kind of kicks off my app, I
don't get connected to xdebug. I'm definitely not on top of how
xdebug/netbeans are getting along, but I think I should retract the
red-herring comment. Properly connected (starting with auth.php) I do
NOT get the info message if I hit the BRB.

Anyone so inclined is welcome to fill me in on the difference in files
chosen to debug. Like "needs a top level php command" or somesuch.

Still confused, but way more productively so. :)

Rob Sargent wrote:
> Thanks to George's just-debgu-a-file suggestion I to have gotten past
> the issue at hand. I would like to add that I just hit the BRB on an
> xdebug session and up popped the "Information" panel giving me the
> same old story about "There is no connection from xdebgu" when infact
> I had been happily walking threw the php code. The point here is that
> I suspect the "Information" pop-up may be a red herring, just jumping
> out whenever the debug session ends?
>
> @George, Thanks a ton.
>
> George Larson wrote:
>> Since there weren't any immediate replies, I just wanted to add that I
>> have the same problem with NB 6.7.1 and NB 6.9.1 on openSUSE 11.2.
>>
>> I've not put any real effort into fixing it because I do have the
>> ability to do step debugging and I was confident that it was something
>> I had done incorrectly during installation. Over the course of one
>> long day, I did step my way through a process of several thousand
>> iterations. It would have been a lot easier if the breakpoints worked
>> but the problem was sufficiently pressing that I didn't have time to
>> focus on my configuration.
>>
>> However, if anybody has any ideas, Rob isn't alone with this
>> problem. :)
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> On 17 October 2010 15:11, Rob Sargent <robjsargent[@]gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm using NetBeans 6.9 and xdebug 2.1.0 on ubuntu9.10
>>>
>>> I've installed xdebug successfully, at least according to the
>>> wizard, which
>>> tells me:
>>>
>>> Tailored Installation Instructions
>>> Summary
>>>
>>> * Xdebug installed: 2.1.0
>>> * Server API: Command Line Interface
>>> * Windows: no
>>> * Zend Server: no
>>> * PHP Version: 5.2.10-2
>>> * Zend API nr: 220060519
>>> * PHP API nr: 20060613
>>> * Debug Build: no
>>> * Thread Safe Build: no
>>> * Configuration File Path: /etc/php5/cli
>>> * Configuration File: /etc/php5/cli/php.ini
>>> * Extensions directory: /usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs
>>>
>>> You're already running the latest Xdebug version
>>>
>>> I get "the pretty orange-bannered" reports about problems
>>> encountered but I
>>> cannot stop on lines in the debugger.
>>>
>>> When I debug the project in NetBeans the "Waiting for
>>> Connection(netbeans-xdebug)" sliders wanders back and forth
>>> aimlessly until
>>> I kill, at which point it pops up the xdebug-not-installed message
>>> (attached) but I've set all the properties it mentions in both
>>> php.ini files
>>> in etc/php5/{cli/apache2}/php.ini as
>>>
>>> xdebug.remote_enable=1
>>> xdebug.remote_handler=dbgp