[xdebug-general] Re: Windows CLI Debugging with Netbeans

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 11:38:59 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 12 Aug 2010, Ben Waine wrote:

> I hope someone can help, I'm having some difficulty using remote debugging
> with netbeans on the windows 7 (professional) CLI.
>
> I'll outline the process I have gone through thus far:
> *
> 1) Set up php.ini:*
>
> xdebug.remote_enable=On;
> xdebug.remote_host=localhost;
> xdebug.remote_port=9000;
> xdebug.remote_handler="dbgp";
> xdebug.remote_mode=req;

You don't need the last four, also, perhaps the ";" at the end is
crating havoc? Did you check whether the settingsare made correctly?

> *6) In the CLI set environment variable*:
>
> At this step i have tried both:
>
> set XDEBUG_CONFIG="idekey </docs/all_settings#idekey>=netbeans-xdebug"
>
> and
>
> set XDEBUG_CONFIG=idekey <../../docs/all_settings#idekey>=netbeans-xdebug"

Your HTML mail client mangled this. Correct is:
set XDEBUG_CONFIG="idekey=netbeans-xdebug"
(or whatever netbeans wants; I've no idea whether windows can deal with
this syntax though.

> *7) Execute PHP script: *
>
> php xdebugtest.php
>
> output: 5

Can you check with some tool from sysinternals.com that Xdebug actually
tries to make the connection? And does the simple client work? (See:
http://xdebug.org/files/debugclient-0.9.0.exe) (For that to work, you
need to not run netbeans of course).

twitter: @derickr and @xdebug