[xdebug-general] XDebug Listener

From: Bob Dushok <bdushok[@]gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 20:08:39 -0400

I'm attempting to configure XDebug and have ran into a problem.

I've compiled the source successfully and added the following lines to
php.ini:
zend_extension=/usr/local/apache/lib/xdebug.so
xdebug.remote_enable=1
xdebug.remote_handler=dbgp
xdebug.remote_mode=req
xdebug.remote_host=127.0.0.1
xdebug.remote_port=9000
xdebug.idekey=1234

I restarting Apache and found no errors within the access or error logs.
I've executed the php binary with -m switch from the command line. Under
[Zend Modules] Xdebug is the only entry.

I've executed a page containing phpinfo() and see the configuration for
Xdebug listed.

I'm attempting to use Netbeans to perform a remote debug, but it can't
connect to the remote server.

To test connections, I've used Firefox to access my PHP page with
?XDEBUG_SESSION_START=1 added to the end of the URL. The page executes and
no errors are found within Apache's error or access log files.

From the server command prompt I attempt to telnet to 127.0.0.1 9000 to see
if there is a reply, instead I get a connection refused message. Should
there be a listener on that port? Remote debugging is enabled and port
9000 is specified.

SELinux is disabled on the server and iptables is stopped.

Can someone tell me what I've done incorrectly?

Thanks,
Bob