[xdebug-general] xdebug not loading. not found in phpinfo() after apache restart MAMP

From: Michael Stelly <mjstelly[@]gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 08:43:21 -0500

Hi all,
I don't know if this is the correct forum, but I've unsuccessfully looked
everywhere I could think of for a resolution. So, here goes.

Rather than repeat myself, I'll just post the link to my question on
stackoverflow<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3144485/xdebug-not-loading-not-found-in-phpinfo-after-apache-restart>.
Every solution I've tried has failed. My ultimate goal is to get xdebug
integrated with NetBeans 6.9.

For expedience, here's my xdebug section of my MAMP php.ini. As many know,
Mac OS X has a pre-installed php configuration. I think the problem lay
somewhere in an undiscovered conflict between MAMP and the OS version of
PHP.

[xdebug]
; xdebug config for Linux and Mac OS X
zend_extension=/usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/xdebug.so
xdebug.remote_enable=1
xdebug.remote_handler=dbgp
xdebug.remote_mode=req
xdebug.remote_host=localhost
xdebug.remote_port=9000
xdebug.idekey=netbeans-xdebug
xdebug.profiler_enable=1
xdebug.remote_log=/Applications/MAMP/logs/xdebug_log.log

; don't know what this line does, so commented out
;xdebug.profiler_output_name=xdebug.cachegrind-out.%s.%p

The details on how I arrived at this configuration are on the SO link. All I
want is to be able to use xdebug with my NetBeans IDE. I cannot even start
to learn it until I get the install issue resolved.

Thanks.
Michael Stelly
Google Voice: 918.401.0RUN
Catch me on LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/in/mstelly