[xdebug-general] Re: Newbie: What function is changing my globar variable ?

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 14:26:33 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 4 Apr 2010, Javier Garcia wrote:

> i have used xdebug_start/stop_trace between a function calling to know the
> list of the functions called. It outputs a very long list.
>
> One of that functions is changing the value of a global variable. Now i would
> like to know (in an automatic way) what is that function.
>
> Is that possible with xdebug?

In Xdebug 2.1 there is a new option called xdebug.collect_assignments
[1]. Whether it can show the modification depends on how the global is
used. If it's used like $GLOBALS['key'] it would show up, but if you use
"global $key" then it is trickier as that would just make a reference
and only $key = will show up in the function traces.

[1] http://xdebug/docs/execution_trace#collect_assignments

twitter: @derickr and @xdebug