[xdebug-general] Re: New DBGP functionality in 2.1beta - questions

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 21:03:29 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010, Michal Gajek wrote:

> Hi,
> first of all, thank you for releasing new XDebug ! :)
>
> Today I've read in "updates" section about new DBGP functionality. As I'm
> interested in XDebug not only as PHP developer but also as PHP IDE
> developer, I'd like to incorporate some of the new functionality to my IDE's
> DBGP client implementation.
>
> There are a few questions I'd like to ask ...
>
> 1. "Added a patch [...] to allow connections to the initiating request's IP
> address for remote debugging." how does it work exactly? Is that some kind
> of per-request defining xdebug.remote_host ?

Sort of. If you enable the setting (xdebug.remote_connect_back) then
Xdebug checks $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] to figure out to which IP address
to connect to instead of the xdebug.remote_host value.

> 2. I assume "-p" argument in "eval" means the same as for property_get ?

Yes

> 3. are there any possible "tricks" in xcmd_get_executable_lines return
> format? I mean ... should I expect anything else than xdebug:line
> lineno="NUM" format?
> BTW its great idea :) Finally I can show to the users what line can they
> put BP at :)

No tricks, and it will just output those <xdebug:line lineno things.

> 4. is that possible to turn off appending "CLASSNAME" property to the
> response? My IDE handles "classname" xml property so it is kind of
> duplicate. I don't like force-
> ignoring that item from response data, just in case someone IN FACT
> defines CLASSNAME
> property in his class ... ;)

Not yet, but I can add this. Can you file a feature request at
http://bugs.xdebug.org ?

with kind regards,

Like Xdebug? Send a postcard: http://derickrethans.nl/xdebug_2_released.php
twitter: @derickr and @xdebug