[xdebug-general] Re: Unusually long execution times

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 15:18:50 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009, André Hänsel wrote:

> I was profiling an uncommonly slow import script and found out that there
> are two functions that took an unusual long time. I observed the same
> phenomenon with a completely different import script (the one from Magento).
>
> I built a test case and included a screenshot of the results as attachment
> to this post.
>
> How can it be that df_sqlval (a simple wrapper for addslashes) and is_bool
> both take about 430 seconds (I think WinCacheGrind uses the decimal point
> setting from my German Windows)? The whole script only used about 70 seconds
> wall time and for {main} a cumulated time of only 6.3 seconds is given.

WinCacheGrind is a factor of 10 off... it hasn't been adjusted for a bug
fix in Xdebug from 2.5 years ago :-/ I can't explain why
df_sqlval/is_bool are so slow though... there are 300000 calls to those
functions though. It is quite possible that Xdebug might be doing
something odd. Can you perhaps make a function trace?

Like Xdebug? Send a postcard: http://derickrethans.nl/xdebug_2_released.php
twitter: @derickr and @xdebug