[xdebug-general] Re: Which version is best for vista 64?

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 10:05:29 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009, FletcherJ wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am setting up a PHP development environment, based on NetBeans. I
> was pointed to your debugger as an add on that might improve the
> experience.
>
> I was looking at the downloads and can see what appear to be thread
> safe versions for windows 32 bit, but not for 64 bit.

There was actually, the labelling was wrong. I've fixed that now.

> Also, it's not clear that either version works well with vista, but I
> am assuming that they will.
>
> Given that I have Vista 64 bit, which option would be the best to use?

You need to use the module that matches the *exact* same settings as the
PHP version you use. If you use a 64 bit NTS version of PHP, that's the
Xdebug variant you have to pick.

Like Xdebug? Send a postcard: http://derickrethans.nl/xdebug_2_released.php
twitter: @derickr and @xdebug