[xdebug-general] Cachegrind format

From: Tom Walter <tom.walter[@]hitwise.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 18:31:59 +1100

Hi all,

A couple of questions about cachegrind files.

I get the impression that the xdebug cachegrind files cannot show memory
information, although I've never seen anyone outright say that. Why is
this, and is it something that is planned to be fixed?

Also exactly what are the numbers in the cachegrind files? The 'events'
header of the cachegrind file labels them 'Time', but this doesn't tell
me much, they are not milliseconds, perhaps they are clock ticks? But if
so, why doesn't the header say 'ticks'.

I use wincachegrind and that interprets them as milliseconds, but that
doesn't seem right at all, because if I try and correlate the times with
the data output in an xdebug trace file, it doesn't match up at all.

Cheers
Tom