[xdebug-general] Re: Free Hosting with XDebug

From: A Paella <apaella[@]gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 11:00:48 +0100

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 1:19 PM, Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org> wrote:

> There is a function for this:
> http://xdebug.org/docs/execution_trace#xdebug_get_tracefile_name

Yes, I knew. But, with auto_trace = 1, I need to get the file name and then
stop the trace. it would be useful if I can do this with one function call
:D.

However, someone did some test performance over Xdebug?

I tried on my windows PC (Intel code2 duo cpu @2GHz and 2GB RAM) with
mpm_winnt_module and the latest xdebug version and these are my results over
a wordpress simple installation (with default site) testing url =
http://127.0.0.1/wp/?p=1:

PLAIN PHP = 6.1 requests/sec
With eAccelerator0953_5.2.5 14 requests/sec
With eAccelerator + Xdebug = 6 requests/sec (Xdebug without profiler_enable
and auto_trace = 0)

Have you a real web server and give us some comparisons?
Thanks!

my php.ini section:
xdebug.profiler_enable=0
xdebug.profiler_output_dir="/xampp/tmp"

xdebug.auto_trace = 0
xdebug.overload_var_dump = 1
xdebug.trace_output_name = request.%S.%u.%r.trace
xdebug.trace_format = 1
xdebug.trace_output_dir = /tmp/trace
xdebug.collect_params = 0
xdebug.collect_return = 0