[xdebug-general] Re: Is it possible to connect more than one remote host to xdebug?

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 22:08:52 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008, Krzysztof Rusnak wrote:

> Like i wrote in the subject, is it possible to connect more than one remote
> host to xdebug?
>
> I have xdebug running on my web server and i am connecting from other machines
> using PDT eclipse.
> i have in my xdebug.ini option
> xdebug.remote_host=192.168.0.100
> but when i am connecting from another machine i need to change this value to
> another ip for eg.
> xdebug.remote_host=192.168.0.101
> Is it possible to set something like
> xdebug.remote_host=192.168.0.0/24 (i know this eg. doesn't work)
> So many remote hosts will be able to connect to xdebug without need to change
> IP address in the xdebug.ini

You can set it by VHOST by using .htaccess of course. If you do not want
to do that, then Eclipse/PDTs dbgp support should implement the dbgp
proxy. The use of the proxy can be found here:
http://blogs.activestate.com/jeffg/2006/08/howto_set_up_ko.html
You can download the proxy from the "Python Remote Debugging" package
that you can find here:
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Downloads/Komodo/RemoteDebugging

Like Xdebug? Send a postcard: http://derickrethans.nl/xdebug_2_released.php