[xdebug-general] Re: Bug white breakpoint arrow

From: Dave Kelsey <d_kelsey[@]uk.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 23:15:28 +0000

Hi Derick,

PDT supports watch expressions, so people use this to enter expressions to
be evaluated. In order to use property_get I would have to parse the
expression and determine whether I should use property_get or eval
depending on what was entered.

That may or may not be an easy thing to determine in PDT as I would need
to work out how to pass the expression into the parser/ast generator (code
not authored by me) to determine what it is. So the easiest solution is to
just pass the whole thing to eval but as we have discussed before this can
cause the interpreter to terminate the script. I think if people want a
bit more protection from what they enter then they could raise a bugzilla
enhancement to determine if something is an expression or just a property
get and I will look at it as time permits. Expressions will always have to
be passed to eval and could still cause the script to terminate.

Best regards
Dave Kelsey

http://derickrethans.nl/xdebug_2_released.php
> Xdebug | http://xdebug.org | xdebug-general@lists.xdebug.org