[xdebug-general] Re: Xdebug not working with IIS 7.0

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 11:44:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008, Felix Rabinovich wrote:

> Derick Rethans wrote:
> > On Sun, 20 Jul 2008, Felix Rabinovich wrote:
> >
> > > There are several components that are fairly new - FastCGI came
> > > out only recently as part Win2008 and Vista SP1. And, of course
> > > 64-bit. Has anybody got this running in similar environment? By
> > > the way, I got xdebug working fine on Fedora 64bit (whatever came
> > > from Fedora repositories), feeding into Komodo running on my
> > > Windows machine. But I need to get this IIS going, and so far I am
> > > stuck :(
> >
> > Are you using the Thread Safe build for Windows? (Should be
> > mentioned at the top of phpinfo() somewhere -- make sure you check
> > that for IIS, and not Apache).
>
> No, I am using a non-thread safe with IIS/FastCGI. According to Microsoft
> (http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/246/using-fastcgi-to-host-php-applications-on-iis7/),
>
> It is recommended to use a non-thread safe build of PHP with IIS 7.0 FastCGI.
> Non-thread safe build of PHP provides significant performance gains over the
> standard build by not doing any thread-safety checks, which are not necessary,
> since FastCGI ensures a single threaded execution environment. **That's a
> change from IIS 6.
>
> Does it impact xdebug behavior?

Yes it does. Every extension for PHP is either compiled in thread safe
more, or non-thread safe mode. I think you're using a thread-safe xdebug
dll with a non-thread-safe PHP. I attached a NTS build for Xdebug for
PHP 5.2.5 or higher to this mail. Please make sure to use
"zend_extension" instead of "zend_extension_ts" in php.ini though.

Like Xdebug? Send a postcard: http://derickrethans.nl/xdebug_2_released.php