[xdebug-general] Re: [Profiler] A matter of documents - at least for windows environment

From: Pierre <pierre.fauconnier[@]free.fr>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 20:14:16 +0200

Then Derick wrote :
> On Mon, 26 May 2008, Pierre wrote:
>
>> Where could I find some informations about the Xdebug profiler format
>> specification ?
>
> Basically on the URL that you're quoting below:
>
>> At least, the Xdebug's "calls=" seems different from the KCacheGrind's one
>> http://kcachegrind.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/show.cgi/KcacheGrindCalltreeFormat
>>
>> But surprisingly, Kcachegrind (and WinCacheGrind) understands the results
>> produced by Xdebug profiler :-\
>
> How are they different?
As far as I understand...

KCacheGrind's (§ 1.3 Associations) :
  calls=(Call Count) (Destination position)
  (Source position) (Inclusive cost of call)
furthermore the second line is a common pattern for KCacheGrind

Xdebug's :
  calls=(decimalDigits1) (decimalDigits2) (decimalDigits3)

>> Will Xdebug profiler support "Name compression" ?
>> fl=(1) file1.phpw
>> fn=(1) main
>> Because a very basic viewer could be even more simplistic :)
>
> I've no plans to implement this at the moment.
Not even thru http://wiki.php.net/gsoc/2008#xdebug_profiling_web_frontend ?
imho it would be better to code search of file / function only once
"Name compression" would allow direct access for all viewers of
profiler, wouldn't it ?

Best regards,
Pierre.