[xdebug-general] Re: Activating XDebug on DevPHP

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 09:55:29 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008, Wolf Mook wrote:

> at first thank you very much for your answer. I followed your suggestions and
> Xdebug works fine in several IDEs. I found most comfortable the Comodo-IDE,
> because it's possible to step through the code with shortcuts and observe the
> variables in meantime. There is only one problem left and I found out, that
> other users in the community have the same problem. But I could'nt find a
> solution for my problem. I configured the iexplorer as preview-browser, but it
> shows the php-code and not the expected output. It seems, the interpreter does
> not work, even when I can see while debugging he does. Could you help me once
> more? What IDE would you suggest as the most convenient? (Excuse my poor
> english).

I use mostly Komodo - I've never had an issue with the preview browser,
as I don't really use that functionality. It has nothing to do with
Xdebug, however, I think that you're not setting up the previewer
correctly and the browser points to *files* on the file system, as
opposed to requesting the files through the web server. You might have
to ask about this with Komodo support though.

(PS: Please use the mailinglist)

Like Xdebug? Send a postcard: http://derickrethans.nl/xdebug_2_released.php