[xdebug-general] Re: xdebug run troubles

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 09:38:07 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008, Rory McKinley wrote:

> > > 6 : send =====> run -i 6
> > > 6 : recv <===== {{{ <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
> > > <response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="
> > > http://xdebug.org/dbgp/xdebug" command="run" transaction_id="6"
> > > status="stopped" reason="ok"></response>
> > > }}}
> > > 7 : send =====> run -i 7
> > >
> > > Transaction 6 is where the problem comes in - the server says its status
> > is
> > > stopped - can anybody see what the cause of this problem is?
> >
> > "stopped" simply means that the end of the script has been reached. You
> > should be able to see that by running a "stack_get" command.
>
> The only problem is that there is a breakpoint that it ignores. If you look
> at my first mail, I have set a breakpoint (transaction 5) but it completely
> ignores that:
>
> 5 : send =====> breakpoint_set -i 5 -t line -s enabled -f
> /data/apache/xxxxxx/docroot/home.php -n 28
> 5 : recv <===== {{{ <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
> <response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="
> http://xdebug.org/dbgp/xdebug" command="breakpoint_set" transaction_id="5"
> state="enabled" id="78760001"></response>
> }}}
>
> The breakpoint is sitting in code that has to be run through so it should be
> seen by the debugger.
>
> The only thing "unusual" on my machine is the fact that I am running vhosts
> - would that influence anything at all?

No, it wouldn't. I see either three possibilities here:
1. you loaded xdebug as a normal extension, and not as a zend extension
2. extended_info is off (check phpinfo() output)
3. the line doesn't have executable code from the engine's point of
view.

Like Xdebug? Send a postcard: http://derickrethans.nl/xdebug_2_released.php