[xdebug-general] Re: Xdebug support in Code Medic

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 09:43:57 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, John Lindal wrote:

> I'm adding support for Xdebug in my debugger, Code Medic
> (http://newplanetsoftware.com/medic/), and I have a couple of questions
> about how to send commands to Xdebug.
>
> 1) I'm unable to get property_set to work. I've tried
>
> property_set -i 0 -n post_url -l 3 -- xyz
>
> where $post_url is a string that is already defined by the script. I've
> tried sending $post_url, too. Neither has any effect. The value stored by
> the script does not change. I'm surely missing something simple :) Does
> the data have to be base64 encoded?

Yes, it needs to be base 64 encoded, and "-n $post_url" is correct (with
the $). You might also have to check whether you're putting it in the
correct stack frame and context.

> 2) I cannot get eval to work on expressions containing variables.
>
> eval -i 0 -- 3*5
>
> returns a result, but
>
> eval -i 0 -- post_url
>
> returns zero length CDATA, even though context_get returns the correct
> value for $post_url. Does eval only work for simple math?

No, eval works exactly like eval() in PHP. eval("post_url") does not
work either for example. However, you should also base64 encode this.

Like Xdebug? Send a postcard: http://derickrethans.nl/xdebug_2_released.php