[xdebug-general] Re: Firefox Addin help

From: Darien Hager <darien[@]etelos.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 10:14:14 -0800

johnywhy[@]gmail.com wrote:
> i'm quite clueless about how to do that.

Here's a sequence of commands to try. I think the most likely problem
will be if the system you're on does not have the "phpize" command. If
that's missing, it probably means packages for PHP-development (as in
developing PHP itself, not simply PHP scripts) are not installed, which
is an issue that depends on your hosting provider.

Replace the first two lines as necessary.
---------------
export TMPDIR="/tmp/"
export DSTDIR="/usr/lib/php/modules/"

cd $TMPDIR;
wget http://xdebug.com/link.php?url=xdebug202 ;
gunzip xdebug-2.0.2.tgz ;
tar -xvf xdebug-2.0.2.tar ;
cd xdebug-2.0.2 ;
phpize ;
./configure --enable-xdebug ;
make ;
cp modules/xdebug.so $DSTDIR ;

With luck that should put xdebug.so in the $DSTDIR directory for you.

--
Darien Hager
Developer