[xdebug-general] Re: xdebug using a LOT of memory

From: Bill Moran <wmoran[@]collaborativefusion.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 08:36:44 -0500

> On Thu, 1 Nov 2007, Bill Moran wrote:
>

> > I was trying to run pgFouine under xdebug:
> > http://pgfouine.projects.postgresql.org/
> >
> > If I run the script outside xdebug, it uses 10 - 12M of ram to do its
> > job. If I run it under xdebug, it uses in excess of 2G of ram, exceeds
> > the hard limit on data seg size and is killed by the kernel :)
>
> What settings are you making, or what are you running exactly? Xdebug
> 2.x will only use *much* more memory in case code coverage is enabled
> while running with PHP Unit (and then the memory consumption lies in
> PHPUnit).

zend_extension="/usr/local/lib/php/20060613/xdebug.so"
[xdebug]
xdebug.auto_trace=On
xdebug.collect_includes=On
xdebug.collect_params=On
xdebug.collect_return=On
xdebug.show_mem_delta=1
xdebug.default_enable=On
xdebug.trace_output_dir=/usr/xdebug
xdebug.profiler_enable=1
xdebug.profiler_output_dir=/usr/xdebug
xdebug.profiler_output_name=cachegrind.%s

Not using PHP Unit.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.