[xdebug-general] Re: arrays in local context limited to 31 elems?

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 19:48:04 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007, Dave Kelsey wrote:

> > It would be great if the info was on the remote debugging doc page
> > as well since this info is specific to remote debugging, someone
> > focused on remote might miss the info if it is not on the remote
> > page as well.
>
> Sorry Mike, I don't think that the remote debug section needs any
> reference to xdebug.var_display_max_children. However I do think it
> might be good to have more information about the xdebug specific
> implementation of the DBGp facilities. For example the default
> max_children, the supported encodings, which features are supported
> etc.

The defaults depend on the debugging engine implementation, 32 doesn't
have to be the same number for other implementations, therefore it does
not belong in the specs. Especially because of this, there is the
feature_get command to retrieve the information.

But perhaps, some of the Xdebug specific implementation bits should be
documented - however, all those bits can be figured out with the
feature_get DBGp command.

Like Xdebug? Send a postcard: http://derickrethans.nl/xdebug_2_released.php