[xdebug-general] log_errors still broken with cli?

From: Sam Ghods <sam[@]box.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 02:16:43 -0700

Hi all,

It seems that PHP is not logging errors when XDebug 2.0.0 is enabled
as a module. Running this simple script:

test.php
=====================
<?php
syntaxerror'';
?>

As such:

# test.php
#

Does not log any errors. Here are the relevant lines from the php
configuration:

# php -r "phpinfo();" | grep error
display_errors => Off => Off
display_startup_errors => Off => Off
error_append_string => no value => no value
error_log => /logs/php/error_log => /logs/php/error_log
error_prepend_string => no value => no value
error_reporting => 6135 => 6135
html_errors => Off => Off
ignore_repeated_errors => Off => Off
log_errors => On => On
log_errors_max_len => 1024 => 1024
track_errors => Off => Off
xmlrpc_error_number => 0 => 0
xmlrpc_errors => Off => Off

If I simply go into php.ini and comment out the including of the
xdebug module, PHP writes the errors just fine to /logs/php/error_log
when I run test.php.

I saw in the changelog an exact description of this bug ("Fixed bug
#232: PHP log_errors functionality lost after enabling xdebug error
handler when CLI is used.") said to be fixed in 2.0.0RC3, but either
it regressed in 2.0.0 or I'm doing something wrong. Any ideas or
other people testing would be very helpful. Thanks!

----
Sam Ghods
sam[@]box.net
Box.net - Director of Engineering