[xdebug-general] Re: --enable-debug

From: Richard Lynch <ceo[@]l-i-e.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 12:26:04 -0500 (CDT)

Aha!

For the archives, and maybe the docs, in addition to re-compiling
xdebug with the right php-config, one must ALSO change the php.ini to
use the zend_extension where "make install" puts the new debug-able
xdebug.so, which instead of
'/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-YYYYMMDD' will be
'/usr/local/lib/php/extensiosn/debug-non-zts-YYYYMMDD'

This is pretty obvious once you notice the 'no-debug' versus 'debug'
but it is not at all obvious until that point, and it's quite easy to
miss the different output of make install.

One might also want to just remove the no-debug version of xdebug.so
to avoid confusing oneself at a later date. :-)