[xdebug-general] Re: failed to install xdebug on Debian and Ubuntu

From: Boris <sw0rdf1sh_i[@]yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 04:41:25 -0700 (PDT)

> But it looks lik eyou have two different header sets installed for PHP
> (php 4 and php 5) - that can definitely cause problems as you might
> still execute the wrong phpize here, or it might pick up the wrong
> headers. I don't have a test environment like this, but I suggest you
> use the php packages from dotdeb instead. They also come with an xdebug
> package: http://dotdeb.org/mirrors

Finally I found the reason why I cannot install xdebug. Some time ago I installed php5 from source code, then I decide to install it from packages. Packages installed successfully but I did not remove the old php files that was installed using source code. That was the reason of all failures!

I removed all that php files, removed all php5 packages and then installed xdebug, php5 and all modules that I need from this repositories:

deb http://packages.dotdeb.org stable all
deb-src http://packages.dotdeb.org stable all

Now xdebug is in phpinfo output :)

Thank you for advices Derick!