[xdebug-general] Re: failed to install xdebug on Debian and Ubuntu

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 12:55:35 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007, Boris wrote:

> I have just tried that, errors from apache log file dissapeared but no xdebug module loaded.
> tried this:
> extension = xdebug.so
> zend_extension=xdebug.so
> zend_extension_ts=xdebug.so
> zend_extension_* = xdebug.so
>
> when there was errors that apache can not find the module I wrote the
> full path (after that, errors disappear)

Right, the full path is required.

> >> It depends a bit on which version of PHP you run. I assume you're using
> >> the prefork version of apache, and not a debug build of PHP, and then
> >> "zend_extension" is correct.
>
> I installed apache from Debian packages, here is the list of them:

[snip]

> php5-cli
> php5-common
> php5-curl
> php5-dev
> php5-mcrypt
> php5-mysql
> php5-xsl
> php4-cli
> php4-common
> php4-gd2
> phpapi-20050606+lfs
> phpapi-20060613+lfs
>

> >> Could you show me the phpize output?
>
> here it is:
>
> canada:/tmp/xdebug-2.0.0RC4# phpize
> Configuring for:
> PHP Api Version: 20041225
> Zend Module Api No: 20060613
> Zend Extension Api No: 220060519

But it looks lik eyou have two different header sets installed for PHP
(php 4 and php 5) - that can definitely cause problems as you might
still execute the wrong phpize here, or it might pick up the wrong
headers. I don't have a test environment like this, but I suggest you
use the php packages from dotdeb instead. They also come with an xdebug
package: http://dotdeb.org/mirrors

> >> Could you show me your phpinfo() output, I guess that debian uses
> >> --enable-versioning, or you simply have the wrong headers installed.
> >> Providing the two different outputs that I requested above will help me
> >> tell you more about that. It looks like you're mixing two PHP versions
> >> here somehow, such as http://pecl.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=6602
> >> suggests.
>
> I am not sure about --enable-versioning because php5 was installed
> from packages, here is phpinfo output
> http://rapidshare.com/files/38670392/phpinfo.php.html

That is annoying, your distribution removed the configure line from the
phpinfo() output. That means I can't verify this enable-versioning
thing.

Please ALWAYS cc the mailinglist on replies!