[xdebug-general] Re: slow codecoverage

From: Are Pedersen <are[@]fronter.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 08:51:02 +0200

I took a peek into the xdebug source, and when the XDEBUG_CC_UNUSED
setting is on, it apparently scans the whole op-code tree from within
zend (I'm not very familiar with php internals...). When it doesn't do
this it goes pretty fast...though some slowdown is there, but not near
that much.

So the question is really if there is room to optimize... Since I'm no C
guru it's somewhat hard to determine for myself.

/Are P.